We take our SAFEGUARDING and child protection responsibilities very seriously. Our Safeguarding Policy ensures that our school has effective measures in place to safeguard your children from the potential risk of harm and that the safety and wellbeing of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of our school’s work. Having the policy in place ensures that all members of our community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection.
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern.
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse.
- Fully support the school’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Our designated Safeguarding and Child Protection team is:
Miss D Beynon who can be contacted directly by email or by calling the school office
Mrs S Holden (DDSL)
Miss M Vickers (DDSL)
Mrs A Cox is the Federation Safeguarding governor
PANTS Campaign – the Underwear rule
There is a range of information and materials that have been specifically produced for parents to help them to talk to their children in an appropriate way about keeping safe and preventing abuse. It may be useful to know that Underwear materials are produced in several different languages including Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian and Welsh.
Net Aware – for Parents/Carers
All schools have an important role in teaching children to protect themselves from all kinds of abuse, including online abuse. There is also good guidance available to Parents/Carers which provides useful information about online safety.